Thursday, May 04, 2006

Must...be...strong...

I've done it again. I've spent the night shopping for sock yarn. I have finished exactly ONE sock (not a pair. ONE) and I'm shopping for Lorna's Laces and Cherry Tree Hill.

So far tonight I've shopped for about $150 worth of sock yarn. I've drooled over the Supersock in Winterberries and Moody Blues. And we won't discuss what I did when I found the Lorna's Laces (you're welcome). The LL had Purple Club and Lakeview and Tahoe... and... and...

And then there was Knitpicks. With it's Dancing and Shimmer and Alpaca Cloud. I started to look at Koigu, but I thought that way led to the dark side.

I love it all. Every skein. Every color. Self-stripes, solids, pooling...all of it. And yet...I didn't buy a single skein. Not a bit. I'm proud of myself.

But maybe I'll just pop on back for that Purple Club...

The Guppy
aka The Fish With Sticks

2 comments:

WHCounselor said...

It is contagious - I've just started my first socks and I think I see why people like it so much... Just be strong - you can do it!!

Will Pillage For Yarn said...

Two words. Socks That Rock.

Okay that was three words. But trust me on this one. You want some.