Monday, February 27, 2006

Alas, No Gold for Guppies

I had high hopes. I was excited. I could do this! Unfortunately, it was not to be. Because of various familial and work related obligations, most of my time that could have been spent knitting has been spent in other ways, and I haven't had as much knitting time as I would like. But while I would have loved to have been able to say I finished, I knew chances were good it wouldn't happen. But I did what I set out to do. I learned cables. I started something personally challenging in knitting, and to me it was the participation in this fabulous group of knitters that was important to me.

It would have been nice to have finished, but I enjoyed the experience regardless.

So while there was no gold for me, I'll keep plugging away and finish my "Olympic" scarf. Congrats to all who finished! And Congrats to all who tried!

See you at the summer games in Bejing in 2008...

The Guppy
2006 Knitting Olympics Silver Medalist
aka The Fish With Sticks

No comments: