Wednesday, February 08, 2006

In The Beginning...

Over the summer I stopped in at my mom's house one day and she was talking about a knitting class she took with her best friend. I mentioned I always wanted to learn to knit, so she talked me into going with her next week. Well, that was my first class and, I believe, her last. I loved it. She'll stick with her other needle crafts.

Since then, I've knitted myself a pink garter stich scarf, a
green scarf using the "Ribbed For Her Pleasure" pattern from "Stitch And Bitch" for my cousin for Christmas, and a funky blue scarf for my best friend for when she went back to Buffalo...BRRRRR. That's really all I've actually completed.

My current WIPs though, are a
Harry Potter scarf using the POA pattern from Atypically Knit and a shawl that uses both Softwist and Crystal FX. I need to start a ribbon scarf for my mom for mother's day, and I've joined the Knitting Olympics and will be making the Irish Hiking Scarf (more on that later). I'm hoping to join the Cable Knit Team. Think they'll have me?

That's all for now. I'll post pictures in a bit.

The Guppy
aka The Fish With Sticks

No comments: